CEDAR RAPIDS REDS
We would like to welcome you to one of the premier baseball organizations in Cedar Rapids and surrounding communities. We are proud of what we have accomplished and certainly want to maintain the reputable image we have established.
When people hear the name Cedar Rapids Reds, or know they will be competing against a Reds team, they know the Reds history and standards that we have always tried to maintain.
We are also very proud of our sportsmanship awards over the past years and how we, as coaches and as parents, acclimate and incorporate the kinds of discipline, etiquette, and conduct necessary to develop great character that makes these boys unique and well respected both on and off the field.
Triple Play Park
Triple Play Park is the future home of your Cedar Rapids Reds, a place for our kids to grow and enjoy the game of baseball and softball. This truly is a dream come true for our organization and we are extremely excited for the opportunity to call Triple Play Park our home of the future! Triple Play Park is located on the corner of Mount Vernon Road and Highway 13.
100% EFFORT, 100% OF THE TIME
Triple Play Park currently consists of 4 existing fields that are going to get a complete makeover:
· The infields will be completely redone with a great product out of Shakopee, MN that comes highly recommended.
· The back-stops on each field will be replaced with a 30’ tall netting that will keep the balls in the field and keep the fans safe, along with all new dugouts.
· The concession area will be updated and offer some great options for everyone to enjoy while at the ballpark. Be on the lookout for the “The Triple Play Combo” and maybe even a mobile coffee and refreshment golf cart rolling around keeping everyone in the game!
· The restrooms are also getting a much-needed update as well, with new sinks and toilets.
· Future-plans include a playground area for the kids and batting cages located just south of the concession area.
In addition to the existing 4 fields, Triple Play Park is bringing us “Dinger Plaza!” Dinger Plaza will consist of 2 fields that will be set up for the younger age groups, with fences measuring at 140’ to the corners and 160’ to center along with a 20’ Green Monster on each field. With Dinger Plaza, the main goal is to give our kids a place to “Have fun, play ball and hit dingers!”
We can’t express our gratitude enough for the opportunity to team up with Triple Play Park and what this means for The Reds Organization, our baseball/softball players and families and the community. It’s a great day to be a Red! See you at Triple Play Park!
To stay up to date on the progress of the park and opening day, please follow The Cedar Rapids Reds and Triple Play Park on social media.